If you’re not used to eating clean, diet food may as well be synonymous to bland. We get it: raw veggies, lean meats, and low-carb everything are typical cornerstones of “get skinny” meal plans, and they’re not exactly taste central. So, we can’t blame a girl for reaching for flavor enhancers that give her healthy plate a tasty edge.
Heart Evangelista’s secret sauce? The 7Grains Skinny Protein Aminos (300ml)! Low sodium, antioxidant-rich, and bursting with umami, this naturally fermented condiment makes a decent dupe for your go-to bottle of Kikkoman. Heart recently gave it a shoutout on her Instagram, saying she loves soy sauce but can’t have it because she’s on a diet. Thank god for low-calorie liquid aminos!
If you’re looking to slim down just like Heart, here’s the good news: this isn’t the only “skinny” alternative in the 7Grains assortment. They’ve got everything from 12-calorie noodles to low-glycemic ketchup, and we’ve got them all right here for you to snatch up in time for tomorrow’s dinner. Here’s to your new favorite flavor bombs!
1. Skinny Protein Aminos (300ml), P120 Made with USDA-selected soybeans, these naturally fermented protein aminos have no added salts or preservatives, and fewer calories than regular soy sauce. Use as seasoning in cooking or as a dipping sauce.
2. Skinny Tomato Ketchup (300g), P155 Made with all-natural ingredients (including premium tomatoes!), this ketchup is simply sweetened with low-glycemic coconut sap syrup and flavored with herbs and spices.
3. Skinny Soup Base Bouillon Cubes, P90 Made with malunggay, among other health-boosting ingredients, these vegan vegetable cubes can act as a healthy base for broths, soups, and other dishes.
4. Skinny Carbs Shirataki Rice, P115
Obtained from the konjac plant, this low-calorie, low-carb “miracle” shirataki rice absorbs flavor well and packs a ton of dietary fiber.
5. Skinny Carbs Shirataki Noodles, P115
The noodle equivalent of konjac rice, these are just as absorbent, low-calorie, and perfect for anyone looking to lessen their carbohydrate intake.
Curious to try any of these diet-friendly alternatives to your pantry essentials? Tell us how you’d have ‘em below!
To discover more about healthy living, visit our Wellness Tab.
For more cool stories and members-only perks, sign up for BeautyMNL!
Like us on Facebook.
Follow us on Instagram (@beautymnl).
Tweet us on Twitter (@beauty_MNL).
Watch us on YouTube.
The BeautyMNL App is also available for iOS and Android! For Apple devices, download it on mobile here. For Android devices, download it on mobile here. Stay tuned for updates and app exclusive promos!